HIPAA software is becoming a necessary part of the medical industry as federal guidelines concerning the use, disclosure and availability of patient medical records evolves. Organizations within the medical industry will need to find HIPAA compliance software that looks to the future to ensure they are ready for both current and upcoming changes to HIPAA regulations.
What Is HIPAA Compliance Software?
HIPAA compliance software meets or exceeds the guidelines that are currently in place for those working in the medical industry. Insurance companies, third parties that handle patient information and medical establishments such as doctor’s offices and hospitals should all have HIPAA compliant software installed in order to meet federal regulations and avoid penalties. Software should definitely include the following features to be fully compliant:
- Employee training features to ensure staff can manage sensitive patient information properly.
- Gap remediation to ensure risks can be identified and remedied as needed.
- Self auditing questionnaires that can be completed by trained staff to generate needed gaps instantly.
- A tracking feature to identify how and when patient information is disclosed. This feature will assist you in proving how patient information is used if there is a disclosure issue.
- HIPAA compliance software should always include supportive services from the vendor to ensure you are able to utilize HIPAA software properly within your organization.
Software that relies on a web based platform is the ideal solution for your office. Web based HIPAA compliance software is more reliable than other options and offers you a centralized, secure location to store your data. HIPAA software that is cloud based doesn’t have to be installed and can be implemented on nearly any type of network and device within your offices. With the right HIPAA compliance software, you can easily reach or exceed current HIPAA guidelines and prepare for the future changes in HIPAA regulations.